The NAMEN Policy Advocacy Committee has four primary goals:
- Develop and maintain policy advocacy efforts for NAMEN;
- Provide a voice for men and organizations to collectively support national (in the U.S. and Canada) and global efforts to advance gender equality and women's and girl’s human rights;
- Develop the capacity of male engagement practitioners and organizations to engage in policy advocacy at the local, state/provincial and national levels, grounded in male accountability and promoting gender equality; and
- Develop evidence-based and gender-transformative resources and model policies that:
- Address structural inequalities,
- Promote gender equality and human rights of women and girls,
- Clearly address and position the roles of male-identified individuals in promoting gender equality, and/or
- Support male engagement practitioners and effort to support and promote women's and girl’s human rights.
As a part of the Global MenEngage Alliance, the NAMEN Policy Advocacy Committee works at the national level in the U.S. and Canada, and on the global stage.
Please use our Contact Us page to inquire further about this Committee's Work.
Member Only Content